HTTP OAuth2 Module - How to get Refresh Token for Google APIs

I suspect it may have to do with the refresh token field (when creating the OAuth connection).

In the HTTP documentation, the parameters for this field are:

Screenshot_2024-02-06_155517

Unfortunately it seems the tutorial for using the OAuth2.0 module for Google doesn’t cover how to do this specifically for Google.

In particular, I’m not quite sure how to access the “refresh token” when we are setting up the initial connection – because there is no “refresh token” yet!

I’ve bookmarked this topic so hopefully we can find a resolution – there have been a number of questions about this issue on the forums, but nobody has been able to solve this yet. I’m linking the old issues here so that the thread starters will get notified, perhaps one of them might have already solved this.

This also seems like something that should be handled by any OAuth integration automatically. You can try contacting Make support to see if the OAuth2 connection can be automatically updated with the refresh token. Directly contacting support can often lead to a faster resolution. They have access to internal tools and resources, which allows them to investigate more thoroughly than what we have access to.

If you manage to solve this issue, I’d love to hear about it! Sharing your solution on the forum can help others facing similar problems.

2 Likes