Introductions and Hellos

Howdy Everyone!

I’ve been active here (on :make:make community) for a few days, about time I introduce myself. xD

My name is William, I am a full stack web developer from Austin Texas with a background in the games industry, and for a couple of years live event tech. (Music, interactive experiences, demos, multi projection setups, etc)

My expertise is in rapid prototyping and rapid problem solving for small to midsize companies. I’m usually the guy who gets called in if there is a fire that needs to be put out, or if a project is not ready to be launched, and the demo is in 3 days.

I started using make (back when it was called Integromat) in 2017/2018, and it has become a crucial part of my workflow since then.

Things I use make for.

• Testing new code.
  • Rapid Prototyping
  • Getting a job out the door that just needs to be good enough, in a short time frame.
  • Keeping projects “client maintainable” when my services are no longer required.
  • Keeping Projects (or parts of projects) cross department accessible to speed up iteration and development.
  • Not Reinventing the wheel when timing/performance is not a factor.
  • Reducing my exposure to uninteresting or boring boilerplate work.
  • Discord and slack bots (full spectrum) :heart_eyes:
  • Accounting, Quarterly Reports, Quote, and Invoice Automation. (always hated doing this manually, even if I stopped everything else, I would still use :make:make for this work)
  • Data Cleanup/Standardization.

Much appreciation to all the work the Make Team has put in over these years building this product, and providing respectful and rapid support every time I have put in a request.

And to the community, I am very excited to get to know fellow @makers, help where I can, and have an extra space I can reference for knowledge in my future projects!

7 Likes