Introductions and Hellos

So glad to see Switchboard in here! Can’t wait to build monitors with Make!

2 Likes

Hi Guys!
Thomas here!. I live in new caledonia, and I am trying to introduce no code to this country :slight_smile:

have a good day

2 Likes

Many thanks @Michaela and the broader Make team for a warm welcome into the community.

My name is Tomas, I run https://langnerd.com where I share my take on various technologies. I’m trying to leverage my experience as a backend developer and experiment with no-code or templated solutions in a hope to turn it into a freelancing gig. Make stands out for me as a versatile tool worth a try.

Looking forward to sharing my experience as I go and making new friends in here. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hello everyone!
Thank you @Michaela for starting this thread.

I am Uday S Prakash CEO and Co-founder at Nemmadi.in. We are a tech enabled company that helps people in construction with their quality. Make (integromat) over the years has helped me a lot.

In fact we built an ERP. using :

• integromat / make
  • zapier
  • googlesheets
  • telegram
  • googlecalendar
  • NotionHQ
  • gmail
  • googledrive
  • Razorpay
  • googledocs

super cool, thanks to all the people in the #nocode community

3 Likes

Hi everyone!

My name is Eduardo, I own a real estate development company in Brazil and we made possible a lot of automation with Make. Its one of our backbones… we’re able to put real estate realtors and customers together in a very easy way with Make.

We use Make with: Knack, Jotform, Google, Facebook, CloudConvert, DocuSign and many more.

Let’s automate! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Howdy Everyone!

I’ve been active here (on :make:make community) for a few days, about time I introduce myself. xD

My name is William, I am a full stack web developer from Austin Texas with a background in the games industry, and for a couple of years live event tech. (Music, interactive experiences, demos, multi projection setups, etc)

My expertise is in rapid prototyping and rapid problem solving for small to midsize companies. I’m usually the guy who gets called in if there is a fire that needs to be put out, or if a project is not ready to be launched, and the demo is in 3 days.

I started using make (back when it was called Integromat) in 2017/2018, and it has become a crucial part of my workflow since then.

Things I use make for.

• Testing new code.
  • Rapid Prototyping
  • Getting a job out the door that just needs to be good enough, in a short time frame.
  • Keeping projects “client maintainable” when my services are no longer required.
  • Keeping Projects (or parts of projects) cross department accessible to speed up iteration and development.
  • Not Reinventing the wheel when timing/performance is not a factor.
  • Reducing my exposure to uninteresting or boring boilerplate work.
  • Discord and slack bots (full spectrum) :heart_eyes:
  • Accounting, Quarterly Reports, Quote, and Invoice Automation. (always hated doing this manually, even if I stopped everything else, I would still use :make:make for this work)
  • Data Cleanup/Standardization.

Much appreciation to all the work the Make Team has put in over these years building this product, and providing respectful and rapid support every time I have put in a request.

And to the community, I am very excited to get to know fellow @makers, help where I can, and have an extra space I can reference for knowledge in my future projects!

7 Likes

I am Scotty. I am absolutely in love with Make for creating this forum and moving it from Facebook. I was that annoying person on the FB forum who would post once every few months for them to shut it down. I tell every single person that Make >>>>>> Zapier except that perhaps Zapier has better support and community. So now, just >>>>>>>>>>.

So thanks for listening.

I am in tourism, but COVID has reduced my business from 9 employees to just me, broken my spirit and sucked the love of this industry from me.

I am built myself a quoting system and CRM using Airtable/Make/SendinBlue/Landbot and I still plug away at that for fun. I also went back University to get a post grad in Cyber Security. I finish this week. I will then start on some industry certifications for that. I am also currently in a defence force cyber program which is excellent.

Looking forward to getting involved in the community.

Deciding now if I should go into software/automation/no-code or Cyber. Thoughts?

4 Likes

I’ve met a few people on our tours and have always wanted to visit, so if you need a hand :wink:

Automation and Nocode/lowcode is a booming space right now, i personally never regreted the jump
PMI is even offering certifications for “citizen Developer” now.

also Zapier has always been incredibly overrated. They get away with charging as much as they do simply on name recognition alone. Integromat/make has always been more intuitive for the creative folks i have onboarded into the ecosystem.

coverage is almost on par with zapier, even when it isn’t their “my-apps” workflow largely makesup for it/surpasses zapiers options. if you establish a basic understanding of how Restful APIs are structured, you pretty much unlock the other half of the internet.

1 Like

Hi,
My name is Guillaume, I’m french, living in Uganda. I’m consultant, working with international NGO to help them improve their internal collaboration, and their work with their local partners.
I’m working with make since couple of weeks only, I still struggle a lot with my automation, but I already made some which helps.
Happy to be in this community

2 Likes

The thing I never liked about Zapier is if you want to add in a branch, you have to delete everything back to that branch. So if it is a big, multi step Zap, you could be deleted 90% of it. Mental.

I see there is some advice on here about how to get into this space. That is where I am struggling. I don’t see a lot of jobs locally, so sort of wondering how to go about it!

2 Likes

Scotty welcome to the community! The best thing you could possibly do is continue to specialize in apps that you know how to automate and make a name for yourself. For example our company has two offers for make customers that involve Make

And

They are unique and that’s good because we are the only ones doing automation between WildApricot and QuickBooks.

There are many partners in the community and you can learn a lot from them. I warn you though - building a full time business to do automations is a long term commitment. Knowing the business side is just as important as the automation and there is a large amount of competition. Good luck!

3 Likes

Hello everyone,
I started using Make since beginning of 2022 - and I love it!
At first, I started with some basic stuff, but I’m currently creating real “sci-fi” scenarios for the company I work for!

2 Likes

Hey Luca, welcome to the community :wave: Super stoked to hear that you thoroughly enjoy creating magic with Make :make:

Just wanted to let you know that if you ever wish to show off those sci-fi scenarios of yours, you can absolutely do so in the Showcase category :nerd_face:

Hi - I am GroovyGeorge - an original Integromat early user (as part of the Groove.cm – originally known as GrooveDigital and GrooveFunnels) - the “cm” is for customer’s matter (and because “com” was not available - LOL) - I help new Groove Platform users get started with the platform and with setting up their affiliate and/or product marketing pages/funnels, payment systems, and membership sites. Make provides the automation for gathering email addresses (and other relevant data) to build the requisite (and proper) GrooveMail distribution lists based on specific campaigns as well as Social Media (FB, Instagram, YouTube, etc) Ad inputs. I find Make provides everything I need to accomplish these tasks at a far better price than other solutions (Zapier for example).

5 Likes

Hey, Makers!!!

Saludos desde México, Familia!!! :vulcan_salute: :mexico:
I am very excited to be here with you.
My name is Diego. I’m a Podcaster and Latino Entrepreneur with the purpose of fostering collaboration between artificial and human intelligence :robot: :green_heart: :brain:
to free LATAM entrepreneurs from repetitive and overwhelming tasks and thus give them back the opportunity to continue building what they love without breaking their heads in the process.

Now, Thanks to this community, I’m able to do so with so much ease! :purple_heart:

*I Studied Marketing.
*Am a former Magician,
*Love Cooking / Grilling, Craft Beer,
*And to stay fit and agile I practice Parkour. Wich to be honest shares a lot in common with workflow automation and no-code.

If I can be of any help to you, I’ll be happy to connect.

3 Likes

Hi everyone, Anthos here!

Great to join Make Community after few months using this wonderful tool

I am French (from the beginning :smile:). I live in the South East of France, between Drôme and Ardèche.

Very enthusiastic about workflow automation, I changed my approach of doing business.
As a coach, I was helping my client to grow their business thanks to a better organization and mindset in their personal life.
Now, I help them to grow their business thanks to automation.

During two years, I travelled all around Australia. I spent time in Lorne (The Great Ocean Road and my heart is still there), and quick travel in NewZealand and Asia.
I am happy father of two children.

Hope to help someone here in a few months when I will be a bulldozer !
And I hope to find answers when needed.

2 Likes

Hey Make community!

My name is Anthony and I am a tech lead (15y+ experience in software engineering, mostly web related) and an indiehacker. During last 3 years, I became a big fan of building small subscription-based SaaS products. My most exciting and challenging project yet is ScrapeNinja.net, a powerful API-first SaaS for web scraping.

I am here to learn more about Make and I am integrating ScrapeNinja with Make now. I was playing with Integromat a few years ago, but this was mostly a quick glance on it, since I was more comfortable building everything from scratch back then, now I became much lazier :slight_smile: and much less skeptical about the whole low-code and no-code approach. I love building MVPs to test my new ideas out, and with Make it’s much easier to do in hours and days, instead of weeks!

Now I took a real dive into automation market, I have just published the article comparing Make.com to Zapier and Pipedream, from a Javascript developer perspective.

I am doing a micro-dose of amateur sports every day to stay happy and productive, so I love walking, cross-country skiing, hiking, running, snowboarding, moto enduro, street workout, and swimming in open water, mostly in United States, Slovenia, & Turkey - just got back home from another snowy mountain hiking!

I have already submitted ScrapeNinja app for Make moderators review, and I am very excited because I see a big amount of questions here in community forum, where ScrapeNinja might help to simplify the scenario, as ScrapeNinja is capable to evaluate custom Javascript code to extract pure JSON data from raw HTML responses (e.g. from HTML tables with complex structure, here is the quick video overview: ScrapeNinja: how to build a powerful web scraper online in browser (low code) - YouTube ) and it can also launch real Chrome process to render websites which are not possible to render with lower level libraries.

Cheers,
Anthony.

4 Likes

Hello everyone :grinning:

Using make and helping many small businesses with their workflows for couple of years now. Had a chance to meet some of you last year on the event in Prague :slight_smile:

I’m happy to help with any technicalities that are related to make or any other automation related topic. We also specialize in CRMs, where we design, implement and automate them specifically upon the needs of our clients.

I’m running a small agency now, where we help folks all around the globe. Happy to meet you all in here and feel free to reach me out in case you may have some questions or concerns.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Hello everyone.

My name is Daniel, I started as a web developer in a small web agency, the idea is to be a startup making applications for companies. But talking with my team we realized that in medium-sized hotels and restaurants, an ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) was needed for their workflows. So we decided that we would do it through an automation program, before thinking about making an application from scratch.

That’s why I joined this community to learn and interact in this world of automation.
Nice to meet you. :wave:

1 Like