Introductions and Hellos

Hi everyone,

My collaegue introduced me to Make.com (Integromat) few months ago. I love most of the features here (yet need to run on incognito for some reason).

I have background in developing programs in LabVIEW (Graphical programming language and IDE) for automated machines and test equipment. As a mechatronics engineer, automation and processes are part of my honed skills. I am applying similar concepts on the creating automations/integrations at my company (ha ha to my masters degree in Mechatronics, JK I can automate industrial robots and machinery as well). :grin:

Happy to join the community and explore more of software automation.

Cheers.

2 Likes

Heya @pixeljetter weā€™re thrilled that you decided to join us!

Thanks for taking the time to let us know a couple of things about yourself! Weā€™re, of course, super curious to learn more about ScrapeNinja. Sounds like an infinitely cool project indeed :nerd_face: Also, awesome work with that comparison article, what a read!

Also, you just got back from a trip - when/where are you planning to go next? :mount_fuji:

Hello there @kriszielinski thanks so much for stepping in to introduce yourself to the community :pray:

It seems that youā€™re a pretty seasoned Maker! Thatā€™s awesome and thanks for sticking with us :make:

Great to hear that you got to meet some of the folks here at last yearā€™s event in Prague! I mean online interaction is great but thereā€™s nothing like a proper face-to-face, right :blush: Was there anything specific you enjoyed the most about the conference?

Iā€™m super happy to see that youā€™re ready to lend a helping hand to Makers who get stuck on their scenario-building journey. After all, weā€™re all here to learn from one another and have some fun down the road.

Heya @DanielCjuno welcome to the community :wave: Brilliant that you joined the party!

Great call on diving into workflow automation before starting to build the needed solutions from scratch. I mean it offers countless ways of simplifying processes and making work more manageable.

The Make Community certainly is the right place to get to know how to work with the platform and learn the logic behind building your scenarios. Feel 100% free to keep up posted on your learning journey. Weā€™re all in this together :blush:

1 Like

Hey hola @AjayYadiki welcome to the community :wave: Weā€™re stoked that youā€™ve decided to come hang out with us!

Given your background, I am positive that youā€™re gonna be automating all the processes left and right in no time!

We have a powerhouse of super users in this community so I am pretty sure that if you happen to get stuck somewhere, youā€™ll be able to find your answers here :blush:

Feel free to pop in anytime you need to pick the communityā€™s brains on something or wanna share your progress/tips/scenarios youā€™re proud of.

2 Likes

Hello fellow Makers,

My name is Jeffrey, and I have a very rich and storied work history across multiple industries. Iā€™ve worked everywhere from Nuclear Power Plants to Fast Food to IT for Financial Institutions and now Engineering for a Digital Marketing Company.

I learned about Make as Integromat from fellow Engineers here as a product that was unnecessarily cut before my time. I looked into what Make offers and quickly whipped up a cost-benefit-analysis for purchasing a plan and got it up and running. Iā€™m now what I like to call the ā€œMake Ambassadorā€ for the company, always suggesting that people use Make to connect their systems and automate away their problems.

I look forward to being involved in this community and both broadening and deepening my technical knowledge of the platform and itsā€™ capabilities.

Interesting or important information about me:

• I have three years of formal Computer Science education, but no degree
  • I have seven dogs
  • Iā€™ve recently gotten back into World of Warcraft, and this time I might hold on to a subscription for more than a single month.

Thanks for having me.

3 Likes

Welcome. Please elaborate on this sentence. What happened?

Hello there @HaloToxin thanks so much for joining us in the community and for giving us this lovely intro!

I love that youā€™re a Make ambassador in your company.; thatā€™s truly great to hear and thanks a lot for spreading the word about us :purple_heart:

Also, Iā€™m stoked to hear about your enthusiasm for being involved in the community! Weā€™re happy to have you and Iā€™m sure there are many meaningful interactions to be had :blush:

Ok that is awesome! If you ever feel like showing the doggos off, youā€™re 100% welcome to do so over here: šŸ¶ šŸ± Fluffy Friends - #11 by Michaela

Haha great stuff! Keep us posted on how your WoW journeyā€™s coming along :dragon: :mage:

Hi, My name is Adrienne, I work for a very small nonprofit, and we are working on creating tools to support our communities. Glad to be here learning how to connect Tools together. Iā€™m a newbie in all things automation and MAKE.

5 Likes

Heya @stepupformh thanks for joining us :wave:

It always warms my heart when I see Make used by nonprofits.

Donā€™t you worry about being a newbie. The communityā€™s here to support you and lend a helping hand whenever you get stuck :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello fellow Makers! Vasken here :slight_smile:

Happy to join the community after using Make for a couple of months now.
I fully switched to nocode (specializing in nocode DBs, process setup and automation) after 15 years in custom software building websites.

I started as a Flash developer, then 6 years in Unity3D development where I was the unity3d team lead.

Started my agency in 2018, and covered different roles like PM, operations, hiring, and everything a founder had to do until was tired of reinventing the wheel, chasing bugs, and slow processes.

Now Iā€™m offering services with SmartSuite, Airtable, Make, Softr, and many more nocode tools to my clients.

After doing the switch in November 2022, Iā€™m working on 4 projects (2 with Airtable, and 2 with SmartSuite) and am fully booked. Using Make in all 4 :slight_smile:
This is more than exciting.

About me:

• Iā€™m a huge basketball :basketball: fan since 1999 (unfortunately right after MJ retired as a Bull)
    Despite playing only in 3rd division league, I consider myself #3 :muscle: all-time after MJ and Kobe :slight_smile:
  • I make the best BBQ :cut_of_meat: but my wife is vegetarian :cucumber::carrot::bell_pepper::eggplant: :smiley:
  • I enjoy remote work :computer::deciduous_tree: , making money while chicken :chicken: are around (not a city fan):x: Appreciate villages, clean air, and nature, and I hate all types of noise :x:
  • Reggae music fan :ethiopia::jamaica::guitar::long_drum::palm_tree::saxophone::notes:
  • Good at chess ā™šā™›
  • A big fan of geography :earth_americas:, maps, borders, rivers , cities, towns, culture, and food.
  • Iā€™m active in communities and an ambassador in SmartSuite community :1st_place_medal:

and as you see I like colorful texts with emojis :smiley::sunglasses:
I love to connect and meet people, learn and share my knowledge, and build crazy scenarios :v:

1 Like

Hey @Vasken , welcome to the Make Community :wave: stoked to have you on board :ship:

:exploding_head: Wow, youā€™ve got some seriously impressive experience in the tech world, thatā€™s amazing!

:fire: Awesome to hear that youā€™re using Make in all four of your projects and that youā€™re fully booked and by no means bored

:make:I hope youā€™ll find our community to be a helpful resource for swapping knowledge, sharing tips and tricks, and connecting with other Makers

:purple_heart: Itā€™s great to learn more about you and your diverse interests! You truly are a jack-of-all-trades, and itā€™s fantastic to see that youā€™re also a community-oriented person.

By the way, Iā€™m right there with you in the emoji fan club! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hey all! Bruno here

Very happy to join the Make community! I am a big fan of automation in any way or form.

I started as a Tax Consultant at PwC, and after having some jobs in processes, systemsā€™ implementations (CRMs and ERPs), Iā€™ve been doing 6 years in Finance ever since. I am currently working in Marketing Operations to get some expertise in go-to-market, creating leads, and generating business.

I am super curious about Make and the future of work automation. Some stuff about me:

• I am from Portugal :portugal: but I currently live in The Netherlands :netherlands:.
  • I love sports, especially football (or soccer, depending on where you live)
  • I am a big fan of a lot of types of music
  • I have two cats :scream_cat:

Would love to connect with this community, so feel free to hit me up if you would like to chat!

2 Likes

Heya @bdeoliveira welcome to the community :wave: How great that you joined us!

Thanks for sharing a bit about your background. Itā€™s super interesting! Going from taxes and finance to marketing like a bossā€”talk about versatility!

Itā€™s fantastic to know that youā€™re a fan of automation. Youā€™ve definitely landed in the right place for that! :robot: :make:

And hey, being a sports and music enthusiast is always a winning combo! And you have two cats too? Thatā€™s just the icing on the cake!

Btw if you ever feel like introducing your feline friends to the community, feel free to do so in this thread where we brag about our - usually four-legged - companions: šŸ¶ šŸ± Fluffy Friends

2 Likes

Hey there!

I am Lukas from Berlin, Germany ā€“ fantastic to meet you all!

make.com has been part of my daily business for well over half a year now, and I absolutely love it. In fact, I enjoy it so much that I wanted to start contributing to the community to help others and also learn more about this fantastic product and its use cases.

So far, Iā€™ve been using make mostly for automating sales processes and workflows. I hope to broaden the use cases a bit by being active here.

As I said, Iā€™d love to learn a lot here and am super keen on helping people for free to accelerate that ambition. And who knows, maybe one day, something comes out of this that will enable me to create a small thing on my own next to my day-time job.

Looking forward to connecting with yā€™all!

Cheers,
Lukas

2 Likes

Hello everyone! Nice to meet you all. :wave:
My name is Vendy and I joined the Make community team recently.
I am currently studying journalism and fulfilling my dream to become investigative reporter. My goal is to help people and educate them about important political and social issues, that occur these days.

Some random facts about me:

• I am a hopeless coffee addict, although I tried multiple times to stop drinking it
  • I am a huge fantasy nerd, especially when we are talking about Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings or Rangerā€™s apprentice
  • I am convinced that anything is possible when you truly believe in it

I am so excited to be part of the Make team and learn valuable lessons while having fun here within the community! It is truly inspiring to watch Makers resolve issues together and evolve their skills while using the product!

3 Likes

Hey @enlohe welcome to the community, itā€™s so nice to meet you! :wave:
We are super excited that Make has been with you for such a long time and helped you

Believe us, we share your love for the product as well!
Contributing to the community is a great way to help others and learn about the product, so feel free to engage with other users!

Wow, that sounds awesome! We hope that Make will open the door for your next adventure. :smile:

1 Like

Heya @vendy so happy that youā€™re joining us on this adventure!

Itā€™s great to hear that youā€™re passionate about helping and educating people. In fact, thatā€™s what the community is all about. Weā€™re here to learn from one another and to share and celebrate our Make-related wins :muscle: :nerd_face:

:coffee: Coffee is definitely the way to go! Canā€™t go wrong with a good cup of java.
:mage: I totally get the fantasy world obsessionā€”itā€™s a fantastic escape.
:star_struck: Plus, believing in your abilities is key!

Youā€™ve got all the right vibes going!

Get ready for an exciting ride filled with good times and great company! :tada:

2 Likes

Hello, my name is Hinata. :grinning:

Iā€™m truly honored to be part of this community!

I was born and raised in Japan and I still live here. Iā€™m 22 years old and my favorite food is sushi. :sushi:
Iā€™ve played basketball for 12 years. :basketball:

Just this past April, I started working in the IT industry and Iā€™ve only been with Make for a few months. As a native Japanese speaker, even reading the Makeā€™s Help page is a bit of a struggle for me.

I plan to use Make primarily for personal use. Iā€™m currently going through Make Academy, but I would appreciate it if you could tell me what else a beginner like me should do! If itā€™s not too much to ask, I prefer text over videos because itā€™s easier to translate.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you! :blush:

3 Likes

Hello there @hinata :wave: welcome to the community we are so excited youā€™re joining us!

Japan is such a beautiful country and your cuisine is spectacular, I can totally understand why is sushi your favourite food. :sushi:

Woah, 12 years is a pretty long time. Do you play just for fun or do you take part in tournaments as well? :trophy:

Thank you so much so much for sharing this information with us. It sounds like your English is great, so donā€™t be so hard on yourself. :smiling_face:

Itā€™s so nice to meet you and we hope you are going to have great time with us!

2 Likes