Notion database, relationship creation

Hi, I have uploaded a 2 tables Logins and Folders into Notion via CSV and I am trying to link them with Make.com (as Notion does not offer the possibility to link imported tables).

Here is the ‘Logins’ table, ‘column1.folderid’ column contains the id of the ‘Folders’ table

I have created this Make scenario to copy the ‘column1.folderid’ value to ‘Folder’ column in order to link the 2 tables, but I cannot as the ‘Folder’ column field is missing:

How to then link the 2 tables using Make.com ? Thanks for any help

1 Like

## This should directly answer your question!
In Notion, it doesn't seem possible to create a new database item with a relation to a different database? - #4 by JugaadiTech

Correction Provided by @Mitch-PragmaFlow.com

Additional Information on Notion

Templating Workflow Make x Notion
Advanced Notion Automation - Templates in database - #4 by JugaadiTech
Notion Mentions to Slack messages - #2 by JugaadiTech
https://developers.notion.com/page/notion-platform-roadmap#longer-term
All Notion Threads

1 Like

Here is a summary of what I need and the solution :

I have created this scenario now which almost works:

I just need help on what to enter inside FolderIdLookup (highlighted in light blue below)?

can you show what was returned by module 3?

Here is what is returned by module 3:

had a look at the api docs for notion.

You should be able to update the property by adding in a parameter referencing the field by name.

If the current module doesn’t allow it, you could use the generic API or even HTTP to send that part.

2 Likes

I do not get what means: “The keys are the names or IDs of the property and the values are property values.”
In my 4th module, I want my FolderIdLookup which is the relation field to correspond to the FolderIdStr field which is just a string field coming from my CSV import:

I have specified ‘plaintext’.
I do not get why Make.com does not accept this. This is the only way to recreate the database between 2 tables.

I have specified ‘plaintext’.
I do not get why Make.com does not accept this. This is the only way to recreate the database between 2 tables.

I hear you, I often feel this way with new tech. I find am quite prone to assuming that there is a gap in the platform rather than in my knowledge.

Anyways, I believe I can see the error.

You would find this by going to edit module 4, then using the value for 3. parent > id

You should not need to convert anything to plaintext and the value currently in module 4 does not appear correct to me.

Can

Neat!
(Notion must have updated those since I last thoroughly went through them!)
Gonna update my notes, (I know I’m not the op) but thanks for looking into this! :smiley:

Very useful information

1 Like

Right, I have added Page ID and it works now :slight_smile:

1 Like