Announcement for new HubSpot API/modules switch — deadline date?

Hey @Michaela , :wave:

I received the email announcing the need to switch HubSpot modules over to the newer version, but there’s no deadline date indicated in the email… leaving with me no indication on when to prioritise the switch for scenarios :grimacing:

Is there a deadline?
If so, could you share it here, please? :pray:t2:

Would also be great if all future similar announcements had a date stated as standard — it’d reduce the stress of not knowing, especially when receiving such notices at the end of working hours on a Friday before a public holiday long weekend. :sweat_smile:

I know in past cases similar announcements were posted to the backstage news topic here with the app-update tag, and the last update I received for Etsy had the deadline date included in the email notice too.

That same standard of communications would be greatly welcomed, & appreciated! :v:

Thanks!
Aidy

1 Like

Heya @aidy :wave:

Thanks a lot for bringing this issue up here in the community. I realize that you speak on behalf of many users and this way, we can share the info we have with the entire community forum.

First and foremost, I want to apologize for any anxiety that the recent email may have caused. We understand that HubSpot is a crucial app for many users, and worrying about its functionality within Make is, indeed, stressful.

To clarify, I would like to let you know that we don’t have plans to remove the old modules. They’ll continue to work until HubSpot decides to stop supporting the old versions of API.

For context:

Hubspot is currently transitioning their API to a new version while gradually sunsetting the old counterparts.

We generally recommend looking at the changelog for more specific information. For instance, the Calendar API will cease functioning on July 28th.

Thanks again for raising this and for - hopefully - letting us bring more clarity into the situation :pray:

1 Like

4 posts were split to a new topic: Bspot Engagements module not pushing properties to connected modules

Hey @Michaela,

Great, thanks for the clarification!

I also now understand better the nuance in communicating this type of transition — so I’ll opt for switching to the newer modules asap (beats keeping tabs on HubSpot’s changelog for API sunsets :sweat_smile:)

Thanks again!

1 Like

Awesome, glad I could help clarify things :slight_smile: